Comments after the fold. Mind you, I’ve only gotten past the intro to Dragon Age: Origins Awakening so far. There are still spoilers.
Going down the list:
- Oghren’s appearance was better than I expected. He was never one of my favorite party members, but he was entertaining as all get-out. Thankfully, his gear came with him.
- I’m not particularly pleased about the entire Mhairi thing. Not least because I like sword-and-board tanks.
- I’m a good deal more concerned at the sort of ‘stickiness’ that crops up when I’m trying to move people around. Although that may be my computer, though.
- They could have stood being a bit less abrupt in the intro.
- It’s very pretty – as pretty as the first game.
- Revising my character is going to take more thought than I had realized.
Bottom line? Good expansion so far, but there are elements to it I’m not really thrilled about. With luck, that’ll fade in comparison to the sheer awesome. But I hope that they’ll release more non-Awakening DLC. Perhaps the best of the fan-created stuff…
PS: Please note that I am not threatening a lawsuit. I’ve never really been exposed to the ways of gamer message boards before; imagine my surprise to find that they rank somewhat below non-moderated political discussion boards in many ways…