I’m impressed: I couldn’t have kept that going with a straight face for the three minutes that Frank maintained.
I mean, let’s establish a few things:
- The current House ratio is 255/177/3 Dem/GOP/Vacant.
- The current Senate ratio is 59/41 Dem/GOP.
- That’s 59% in both cases.
- The President of the United States is a Democrat.
- Since Democrats – like Barney Frank – took control of Congress in 2007, the seasonally adjusted unemployment rate among 16-24 year olds has risen from 10.3% to 18.1%. The national unemployment rate is now just below 10%.
- Since a Democrat took office in 2009 the deficit has skyrocketed.
- Barney Frank’s answer to all of this – and to all the people starting to wonder Gee, this isn’t maybe such a good thing – is to tell a room full of young Democrats that they have to run out and recruit more young Democrats, and give old Democrats more power.
- And the young Democrats clapped.
You know, Barney Frank and I disagree on probably virtually everything* – but I’m pretty sure that he’d have less contempt for me than he must have for his own party minions. They apparently believe just about any damfool thing that they’re being told…
*We generally agree on DADT and SSM, I assume. I only caveat that because Frank is a Democratic politician, and thus lies.