[UPDATE]: Welcome, Instapundit readers.
We’re not there. Yet. But the election is three months away, and the Democrats never thought that things would look like this when they oh-so-confidently planned their strategy a couple of years ago. Karma’s kind of fun when it isn’t you taking the hit, isn’t it?
Some of the below are serious, some are… less so; but if you hear enough of them, you’ll know that Election Night is going to be bad for the Democrats.
- The response of every Democrat to every Republican question or comment becomes, semantically speaking, “George W. Bush.” Up to and including “What are the visiting hours for the art gallery?”
- The Democrats start talking up “scandals” involving Republicans that wouldn’t even get you a verbal reprimand at your job if you did them.
- A Democratic legislator snaps and attempts to strangle someone. On camera.
- The usual suspects start talking about how important it is to keep the Republicans from being able to overturn vetoes.
- All talk of the filibuster dies the True Death.
- The DSCC starts funding the New York races.
- The DCCC starts funding urban House races.
- We see a week of “Will the Republicans try to impeach the President?” stories in the media. Or a month of them.
- A convoluted theory appears that tortuously ‘proves’ that the Democrats are actually going to gain seats, really. It will involve three random trends whose relationship with each other is not immediately obvious. It will have a buzzword. Every site on the Left will talk it up for two weeks. It will then disappear without a trace.
- “Of course we’re going to keep Congress. GOTV will save us.”