As you may recall, White House press flack Robert Gibbs earlier this week announced his frustration with his party’s fringe Democrats who are unaccountably upset that they trade money and effort for… well, Gibbs’s frustration and contempt. It was fascinating to watch – for that matter, so was the latest extended whine from Alan ‘counting-the-days-until-his-permanent-MSNBC-gig’ Grayson on the subject* – but my sense of honor requires me to make an admission. When Gibbs said:
“I hear these people saying he’s like George Bush. Those people ought to be drug tested,” Gibbs said. “I mean, it’s crazy.”
…I am forced to agree with him. Barack Obama is not like George W. Bush.
It’s important that a distinction be made between the two men, in fact. So we at RedState have put together a list – a non-exhaustive list – explaining just how the two are different.
Why the President is nothing like George W. Bush.
- George W. Bush didn’t blame his predecessor for his own failures.
- George W. Bush can throw a pitch.
- George W. Bush believes in American exceptionalism.
- George W. Bush set policy.
- George W. Bush showed respect and courtesy to the opposite party while President.
- George W. Bush didn’t let his appointments set policy.
- George W. Bush doesn’t whine.
- George W. Bush went out and did the things that he said that he’d do.
- George W. Bush has a thick skin.
- George W. Bush faced down a hostile Congress on issues that mattered to him.
- George W. Bush doesn’t give a… flying leap… what the polls say.
- George W. Bush could make, and take responsibility for, tough decisions.
- George W. Bush didn’t take credit for other people’s work.
- George W. Bush never had to remind anyone that he won.
- George W. Bush had principles.
- George W. Bush defended them.
And last, but certainly not least:
- George W. Bush doesn’t bow.
We hope that clears the matter up for people.
*As you may have gathered, I am rooting for injuries in this particular conflict.
Crossposted to RedState.