Adult. Proms.

Ye gods and little fishes.  You’re right, Allahpundit: I don’t want to know.

Incidentally, this is my conversation with my wife on this:

Me: Hey, did you see the latest new trend?  Adult proms!

Wife: When you say ‘latest new trend,’ do you mean ‘something that the New York Times made up?’

Me: …They have pictures.

Wife: Sure!  I am willing to concede that this happened once.

Me: Hold on… Fort Wayne, Beverly, Green Bay… Decatur and Cedar Rapids.  OK, to be fair to the Times; five times in one year qualifies as a trend.

Wife: Yes, dear. (Goes back to playing with my iPad2).

You know, I thought that I had won that one – but now I’m not so sure.

There os no such thing as winning. Just degrees of losing.

• Cameron says:

I clicked the article. I read it. I feel unclean now.

• Jay says:

She has your iPad2. You are therefore posting about it from some other internet connectivity device. I’m sorry to inform you, but you never stood a chance of winning this one.

• weyoun42 says:

I went to one at my local hang-out, Bell’s Brewery in Kalamazoo, MI. I had no idea they were a trend. I thought it was just an excuse to put on the three-piece, dance and not need to worry about spiking the punch because everybody’s legal.

The theme of the prom was “A Night to (Try To) Remember!”

• Catseye says:

One of my mental notes “Never argue with wife, she’s smarter than me if I’m wrong I look like a fool, if I’m right I still lose but she’ll figure it out later.” We’ve only had 1 argument in 15 years, I was right I think I’m doing well.

• Finrod says:

The funny part of the whole story about the Connecticut kid that’s going to miss his prom because the principal is an unimaginative Lawful Neutral is that the current QB of the Houston Texans also went to that school 10 years ago, and also missed his prom his senior year (in his case, for faking an illness to get out of class so he could play some basketball), and is supporting this guy.

Fox News has said story here:

Site by Neil Stevens | Theme by