#rsrh Was that an earthquake?

In Maryland?

UPDATE: That was an earthquake, up and down the Eastern Seaboard.  New York to South Carolina, at least. 5.8, according to Twitter.

FURTHE UPDATE: We are going to not hear about anything else from the media for the next two days.  At least.  And the political cartoonists are right now sharpening their pens.

• Jason says:

Definitely felt it here in Riverdale, Maryland. I lived here forever; I never felt that before.

• jeff says:

i felt a small quake here in grafton, wv. never had one here before.

• Change Jar Conservative says:

Obama was out of town! He must have known about it and planned it! 🙂

The novelist in me says its a terrorist attack being covered up as an earthquake.

• MikeCG says:

I live outside of Winchester, VA; my whole house shook for several seconds. My mom is worried about my brother, who is down at school in Charlottesville, about 30 miles from the epicenter. Cell phone service is down in that area, so we haven’t heard from him yet, but it doesn’t sound cataclysmic, so I’m sure he’s fine.

• Joseph says:

That was the mountain of debt shifting in DC. We felt it all over the country.

• BCochran1981 says:

It was the DC area groaning in relief as the weight of Obama’s ego moved to the Vineyard…

• Just Dave says:

Never let a good distraction go to waste.

• Jbird says:

Glen Burnie shook. weird

• Canthros says:

The Cthonians must be angry.

• Joseph says:

Obama has already blamed the quake on his predecessor. He says it’s Bush’s fault.

• Jeff Weimer says:

5th floor office near the Navy Yard.

What a rush. Can we do it again?

What, you think the Appalachian Mountains spung-up from out of thin air?
    Also, New York City sits right on top of a fault line.
    Yep, you guys on the upper East Coast are sitting on a world of trouble. Good luck.

• Danielle Davis says:

We were in the middle of a Republican primary here. I had to suspend the polls for 15 minutes (thankfully, no voters were in the precinct) and evacuate the building we were in. It was wild. Bits of ceiling tiles and a few lights fell.

One polling place here, not trusting structural integrity of the building they were in, set up the polls outside the precinct and ran the primary outside.

• Danielle Davis says:

In our county we only had a couple of races. Jeff Frederick (yep, the same one) won the primary for the VA 36 Senate race over Tito Munoz and the other primary was for Commonwealth’s Attorney in Stafford. Eric Olsen, current deputy CA, also won that by a landslide. In the precinct I worked, it was just the CA race.

The only other primary I followed (which wasn’t even a primay just a committee meeting) was for the VA 56th District Delegate. Sadly, Steve Thomas was not nominated. Peter Farrell from Henrico got the nod.

Site by Neil Stevens | Theme by