Ah, my unwelcome gallstone.

Your days of vexing my digestion approach their end.  You have a week to contemplate your miserable existence: my only regret is that I have to lose my gallbladder in the process.  It was led astray, I know – and forgive.

I have no idea how many days I’m going to be flying from the painkillers, mind you.  Probably a couple, which is why I’m in the process of loading up the Kindle/iPad with stuff to read, as time and money allows…

Yup, no shame. Tell you what, though: feel free to tell me what book I should be spending your donation on.

• HeartbreakRidge says:

have you read the Honor Harrington series? If not, I will donate to start you on your way.

• Tom Abella says:

Eclipse Phase core rulebook. Hard sci-fi/horror genre just a few steps away from CthulhuTech (though, IMO, scarier since so much of it is based on harder science):

Oh, and that core rulebook? 402 pages for $15:

Can’t beat it.

• Cameron says:

Monster Hunter International and Monster Hunter Vendetta. Stark lines separating good from evil, private citizens making money off killing evil creatures and a lot of firearms.

• Brian Swisher says:

Pretty much anything by George MacDonald Fraser…however, I’d advise you not to read “The Pyrates” too soon after the operation…laughing so hard might break something…

• MikeCG says:

“Ghost of a Smile” by Simon R. Green (the second installment in his “Ghost Finders” series) just came out on Tuesday. I got the eBook and it’s pretty good so far. Planning on going back to reading it after lunch/Rush is over.

• Metzger says:

Not to be a downer, but, I just came off reconstructive surgery and the pain meds made reading almost impossible. May want to check streaming availability for series you never watched. Worked for me. Good luck.

• Murgatroyd says:

Ah, the organ that made Dr. Samuel Gall a wealthy man …

I’d recommend Charlie Stross’ “The Laundry” trilogy, if you haven’t already read it.

I have completed my Fraser collection already, of course; and Charlie Stross’s Laundry series is likewise on my ‘buy on sight’ list. I’d comment-snob on how I import the Laundry RPG supplements from England, too – except that it’s trivially easy to do that these days, thanks to the Internet. Simon Green I read, but not that series: I’ll check that, the Monster Hunters, and the Eclipse Phase out as time and finances permit.

Site by Neil Stevens | Theme by