Oct
2011

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE SAFETY DANCE

I DONT CARE WHAT THE H8RS AT ROLLING STONE THINK IT SHOULDNT BE IN THE TOP TEN LISTEN TO IT JUST LISTEN TO IT

Safety Dance, Men Without Hats

DAMN YOU ALL THE VIDEO HAS MORRIS DANCERS

(Via Hot Air)

PS: “We Built This City,” on the other hand, really was pretty freaking craptastic, and the video was worse.

• Catseye says:

Actually, I agree it was a good song song. At the time it was one of my favorites.

• Danielle Davis says:

Wait! All these years I thought this was Save The Dance not Safety Dance.

I like the song. I liked it better when I sang it as Save The Dance. 🙂

• Rob Crawford says:

You do know it’s a protest song, right?

• Nora Chalres says:

I love Safety Dance!

• Cameron says:

If Wikipedia is to be believed: “The writer/performer, Ivan Doroschuk, has explained that “The Safety Dance” is a protest against bouncers stopping dancers pogoing to 1980s New Wave music in clubs.”

It’s still a good song. And to hell with Rolling Stone.

• Jeff Weimer says:

The Safety Dance was good for making me change the channel. Then again, so was any song on the rest of that list. I think “The lady in red” edges out Starship by a nose though. I wanted to stick icepicks in my ears every time I heard it.

Oh what the hell?! “We Built This City,” “The Final Countdown,” “Rock Me Amadeus,” and “Puttin’ On the Ritz” are great songs! The people reading Rolling Stone don’t know a good song if it hit them in the face!

• Brendan says:

80’s music was pretty happy – reflecting the age of Reagan (although I bet none of the artists would agree). Today’s music? Not so much….

I loved a lot of the 80’s music, and listening to it brings back a lot of good memories. Rolling Stone just needs something to fill their crappy magazine.