This winner ‘allegedly’:
- Stole a car
- Stole a car with his three year old kid in tow
- Stole a car and got chased by cops
- Abandoned the car while leaving his kid behind
- Called the kid’s mother to tell her to pick up the child at the crime scene
- And… left a BB gun on the dashboard for the child to brandish and point at the cops gingerly approaching the stolen car.
Fortunately, this is not one of those stories: the child was not actually shot. Thank Heaven for small favors: this is one of those situations where selling the child to gypsies (a favorite, if somewhat cringeworthy to modern ears, threat of my parents’ generation) could be legitimately argued as being a humanitarian intervention…
PS: The rap sheet of this fellow? He’s been arrested and/or convicted of common law robbery, strong armed robbery, manufacture and possession of controlled substance with intent to distribute, distribution of crack cocaine, unlawful carrying of a weapon, resisting arrest, second degree burglary, possession of meth or cocaine base, violating parole, possession of marijuana, possession of hypodermic needles and syringes, burglary, breaking into auto tanks where fuel is stored, weapon sale / possession of stolen gun, possession of meth or cocaine base, resisting arrest and littering.