Hey, good news! They’re finally going to bring Starship Troopers…

to the big screen!

This is really cool: I’ve always been a fan of Bob Heinlein’s original book – and I liked both X-Men: First Class and Thor*, so I have some faint hope that getting the writers of those two movies’ screenplays to do the adaptation for this one might mean that Hollywood won’t totally mess this up.  Admittedly, it’s going to be hard; which is probably why they’ve never done a Starship Troopers movie before now.

What?  Oh, no, there’s never been a Starship Troopers movie.

Perhaps I was unclear.

Glad that we’ve cleared that up.

*Would have been better as a miniseries, though.

• Russ says:

‘Bout damn time. I want to see powered armor and Skinnies.

I’d be equally thrilled if someone would make “The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress.”

• Catseye says:

“The Moon is a Harsh Mistress” would be simpler, cheaper and easier the “Starship Troopers” it might even give Congress some bright ideas. Gimme the Power Armor though, I’m going to jump on that every time.

• Catseye says:

Oh and I agree with Moe ‘THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A STARSHIP TROOPERS MOVIE” EVER!JUST LIKE THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A “SPACE VIKING” MOVIE! Despite hearing about someone owning the rights to one FOREVER!

• PubliusNV says:

No, there never was a Starship Troopers movie. I think there might have been a Starship Trappers movie, being the future adventures of Trapper John, MD. Or maybe a Scarship Troopers, starring Al Pacino leading a troop of violent drug dealers on voyages between Miami and South America.

• Jeff Weimer says:

“Sixth Column” would make a good movie, too. Just replace the “Asiatics” with aliens and you’re good to go.

Seriously, ST, done faithfully would be teh awesome. I wanna see the bar fight in Seattle (I know, good luck. It isn’t crucial to the plot).

• matt says:

But what did you think of the CGI series, Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles?

• Cameron says:

It’s too much to hope that the writers will stay faithful to the book but it would be a pleasant change.

• Brian Swisher says:

“Bugs, Mr. Rico, zillions of them! I’m a burnin’ ’em down!”

It would be pleasurable to see Johnny Rico as a short, Filipino dude rather than a tall, blond Ubermensch; SGT Zim as a tough, intelligent, humane man than a sadistic lout; and no Doogie Howser, SS. It would also be most interesting if they were able to script the movie to be the extended meditation on Why We Fight that the book is…

• Spegen says:

The only redeeming value besides laughs in the poorly named movie was that I discovered Heinleins novels

• Phil Smith says:

That movie is actually a guilty pleasure of mine. Admittedly, Dina Meyer is the main reason for that.

Now only if they can greenlight an “Ender’s Game” movie, we’ll be set.
    @Phil Smith: I’m with you dude. I was really pissed off when they killed her character. I hate to admit it, but her character’s death gets me everytime.

• Murgatroyd says:

Where do people get these weird ideas? Some clown once actually tried to convince me that there had been a sequel to The Matrix. C’mon, if that had happened, we’d remember it, right?

Site by Neil Stevens | Theme by