I am conflicted about this.

On the one hand, these people need to be mocked for ‘suffering’ from what have been accurately described as ‘First World problems.’

On the other hand, I think that some of these people are ‘suffering’ in a deliberately ironic way, in the justified hope that a little fake whining can often bring in the real whiners, too.

On the gripping hand, I already have an iPad 2*, so I can take a detached view on this sort of thing anyway.

PS: Here.  The Salvation Army.  They help people with real problems.

*Gotten the old-fashioned way; to wit, via vicious mockery of the progressive netroots.

• qixlqatl says:

Mocked? They deserve to be dumped in some third world cesspit for a year to find out how good they have it….
    My Christmas rocked: I got a big coffee mug that says “A giant cup of I don’t give a [crap*]” from my niece. BEST. PRESENT. EVAR. 😉 It will bring me smiles for as long as I can keep from breaking it 😀

• Lee says:

I didn’t get anything but a box of candy, and I’m glad my husband remembered. What a bunch of whining ingrates. If I discovered my kid saying stuff like that, I would walk into his bedroom, confiscate every durned gift he’d gotten and donate them to charity. And tell him if he wants his iphone so badly to go get a job and earn one.

Radical concept that. Whining babies.

• qixlqatl says:

Lee, that’s not just a radical concept, it’s child abuse! /sarc

• DaveP. says:

My Christmas was pretty good, on the whole. I gave a really cool gift to one of my best friends, which made his eyes light up; no better gift could I ask for.

• MikeCG says:

Dave, on that note, I gave my sisters Volumes 1 and 2 of “Sandman” by Neil Gaiman, and it was immensely gratifying to see them curled up in their rooms tonight reading their respective volumes. Love that feeling!

• DaveP. says:

Gaiman is cool stuff, Mike. Have you started them on Pratchett yet?

• Cameron says:

I have to assume that these are joke posts and that no one on that list was serious. I have to think that they were pretending to be so selfish because the alternative answer would justify handing out beatings like they were going out of style.

• Kresh says:

Nope, those were serious. It’s facebook and kids these days are selfish douchebags. To them there’s no reason why they shouldn’t bitch about their parents rewarding them for being alive.

Still, a few of them will eventually pull their heads from their behinds. Eventually.

I cot a coffee mug and some pseudo-cajun spices. And some flavored Pecans. The best gift was seeing my sibling’s rugrats scamper about the place. I love those little stinkers.

Site by Neil Stevens | Theme by