Pork roll on a Kaiser roll…

…no egg, American cheese and plenty of ketchup. Dear God, but I’ve missed this; you simply can’t get one in Maryland where I live.

NONE OF YOU SAY A WORD. I’ve seen the regional …foods… that most of you swear by, and I hold my tongue. Let me eat my damned pork roll in peace and quiet.

• Dan Irving says:

I had to google that … does look good though. /jealous

Down here (North Cackalacky) I prefer a chicken, egg and cheese biscuit from Bojangles.

• Rob Crawford says:

Goetta and Cincy chili, man. That’s all you need.
    “However, some believe that goetta originated as a haggis substitute…”

• Jbird says:

I’m a scrapple man.

• Skip says:

That’s the sack bologna, basically, made by Taylor? A couple of years ago saw some marked down, in the grocery store in Dallas, and sliced, and pan-fried in bacon grease or butter it was pretty darn tasty.

• Seven Years Of College Down The Drain says:

I’m happy enough with fried spam and mustard, myself. So I’m nae one to judge.

I balk only at the ketchup. But that’s just me. The rest sounds nummy.

• Seven Years Of College Down The Drain says:

Usually, in fact, when I hear others celebrate their native regional delicacies my complaint is usually “Dang. Why can’t we get that up this way?”

• Prayerborne says:

Ketchup? With Taylor ham? I love that you’re an iconoclast, but in this case you’re crossing over into blasphemy territory.

• Catseye says:

Your one of those people who put ketchup on your eggs too, I take it.

• qixlqatl says:

Sounds fine to me, except (again) for the ketchup thing. Never tried ketchup with pork. I generally prefer a spicier condiment with any meat except hamburger, but I can kinda see where it might go good with pork in some cases…

• DaveP. says:

Beef on Weck: Thin-sliced roast beef with gravy on a Kimmelweck roll (think of a Kaiser roll with rock salt and caraway seeds baked on top) with plenty of horseradish. Eat with plenty of Canadian beer while watching the Bills lose a game. Yeeeah.

• Wombat-socho says:

Dan, you can get Bojangles’ biscuits all the way into southern Maryland. Good stuff.

Site by Neil Stevens | Theme by