#rsrh Bristol Palin’s epic backhand of Barack Obama.

As the saying goes, it lacked only a ‘Bless your heart.’

The setup: Ms. Palin notes the way that President Obama called Sandra Fluke to commiserate about Rush Limbaugh’s commentary (said comment that, of course, Obama had nothing to do with); points out – sweetly! – that prominent Obama donor Bill Maher (one million bucks*) had said some incredibly filthy things about both Bristol Palin and her mother while on the air, and finishes by wondering:

If Maher talked about Malia and Sasha that way, you’d return his dirty money and the Secret Service would probably have to restrain you.  After all, I’ve always felt you understood my plight more than most because your mom was a teenager.  That’s why you stood up for me when you were campaigning against Sen. McCain and my mom — you said vicious attacks on me should be off limits.

Yet I wonder if the Presidency has changed you.  Now that you’re in office, it seems you’re only willing to defend certain women.  You’re only willing to take a moral stand when you know your liberal supporters will stand behind you.

I’m not exactly sure which is more damning (use of term deliberate): that Palin’s final observation in that quote is such an accurate assessment of the situation, or that Obama’s stance is a necessary one for his re-election.  Anyway, read the whole thing; and quietly mourn the fact that we don’t have a President who will take it to heart.

Well.  At least, we don’t have one right now.

*Just so the Presidents know: we’re going to make sure that that’s going to end up being the most goram expensive million-dollar donation that you ever got.

Mister President.

• GeauxIrish says:

Long time lurker both on Twitter and Redstate. Great post. The final push to post has been the use of “goram.” Pure awesome.

• BCochran1981 says:

Looks like she’s following right in her mother’s footsteps. That letter deserves an “atta girl” and whatever girly drink she wants at the bar.

• ScottWP says:

Whether he admits it publicly or not, Moe is a Browncoat at heart.

One of the best snarkists in the ‘verse.

• Cameron says:

The damndest thing is that I can hear her reading that essay in a very sweet tone of voice.

• ScottWP says:

Errr…I was being way too mealy-mouthed on that one…silly of me. Sorry.

(AB really follows you on Twitter? Jeez…you da man. I had heard he was one of us, of course…)

OK then. Moe is a Browncoat (that’s pretty definitive, yes?). And I’ll happily serve in his regiment – a finer officer I could not hope to have.

I wonder if Bristol is too…

• lourae says:

Time to take up Holy Orders and write ads for the RNC, Mr. Lane. Oh, and debate camp for (sigh) Gov. Romney. PLEASE.

• Wombat-socho says:

Lourae, you overestimate the intelligence of the RNC.

• Cameron says:

lourae, the RNC would never run with any of the ads that people like Moe create because to do so would mean that they are being “mean.” And since politicians rely on people liking them no matter what, it would be tough to get them to agree to it.

Me? Bitter? Just a little.

• lourae says:

Hmmm . . . fine points, all. Perhaps the Tak Ball aspect could be introduced in the General Election? I think a taser or two would vastly improve the competition–Idiocracy-style.

• […] And by “everybody in the blogosphere,” I mean Moe Lane, Bob Belvedere, Don Surber, Conservatives4Palin, Jim Treacher and Smitty, which seems like just […]

Site by Neil Stevens | Theme by