May
2012

So… 9K left to getting a Car Wars Kickstarter.

They’re looking pretty close, and… look, I want Car Wars back, OK?  I am even now waiting to see if various funds unlock in enough time to push me up from the $100 (game) to the $150 (game and extra goodies) rate before the clock stops ticking, or I’d be kicking in more right now.  Since I can’t… hey, they have t-shirts!

Also, here’s an analysis of the entire SJG Kickstarter strategy.  There’s some interesting stuff in there that’s kind of relevant  beyond the immediate situation.

• HeartbreakRidge says:

dear GOD they have T-shirts! Since a fair bit of the backers are fans of the original, and hence have some years on them, I’m happy to see decent support for my repeated suggestions for a polo shirt. I’m hoping for one as part of the Car Wars kickstarter! (or maybe the Ogre computer game kickstarter, if it goes that route)

• HeartbreakRidge says:

Oh, PS if you look at Kicktraq (which has some nifty data mining tools for KS projects) it’s also looking good for the final stretch goal ($725k)

• I’m in for a couple of t-shirts. More if they do the infantry one in more than black. And SJ posted that he was pricing polo shirts.

• HeartbreakRidge says:

700k!!

• Rob Crawford says:

I have to go to Origins this year, if only to go to the SJG booth and congratulate them.

• Spegen says:

Thinking of buying, just trying to figure out if the swag is worth $50.

• Rob Crawford says:

The Car Wars Kickstarter is a go! 39k until they hit the last stretch goal!

• Chris Chittleborough says:

Maybe this is a first sign that the kind of ‘marketing’ done by suit-wearing yuppies is a transient phenomenon, and that people prefer to deal directly and personally with producers? Before the Internet, slick marketing tactics were the only way to interact with a customer base much bigger than your social circle; now, creators can interact in less impersonal ways with a much larger audience, like a big virtual SF/Gaming/Comics con. Hmm.

• HeartbreakRidge says:

The man (SJG) himself has been *very* active in the KS, posting in comments and so forth, and clearly showing himself to be a world class mensch and worth your business. This will only pay dividends in the future projects already on their radar (Ogre computer game, Car Wars)!

• […] So 9K left to getting a Car Wars Kickstarter. […]