Jun
2012

So, this is what *my* wife got ME as an early Father’s Day present.

Mass Effect N7 cufflinks.

What is your wife getting you?

PS: Hell yes I’m going to wear them to political events.

• Luke says:

Never saw the point of cufflinks. If I’m paying that much for a shirt, it dang well better include buttons.

Still, very cool. I’m mildly jealous. I’ve put in a request for Tyranny of Cliches.

• Jay says:

Ok, I can’t pass up this opportunity. First, those cuff links are BADASS. Secondly, I did not expect to find a fellow ME enthusiast here! You gotta tell me what you thought about the ending of ME3. IT REALLY BUGS ME.

Jay: I just got asked that today. Short version, I liked it – and I shudder at what I did to that poor character, for three games.

• Canthros says:

Luke: Cufflinks are the point of cufflinks, usually. Like the pair Moe’s got.
    Alas, I’m not married, and don’t have kids, so I have to buy my own gifts. Consider me extra-jealous, Moe.

You don’t just have a wife, you have a best friend.

• Luke says:

Hated the ending with a purple polka-dotted passion. Deus ex Machina in the worst way. Worse, it didn’t make any frigging sense.
    It was set up to be a tragedy. The same traits that allowed Shepard to save the Universe in the first, and the species in the second, would lead to failure in the third. The Catalyst was obviously Reaper tech. The Reapers have a well-established track record of using tech to shape societies. Pursuing it was a fool’s errand. We know that the Reapers are not omniscient. They’ve missed entire worlds during their purges. If the scientists working on the Catalyst had instead been working on how to preserve species and knowledge, they would have succeeded. Heck, all the Geth had to do was withdraw to Heretic Station.
    I hold that the end was supposed to be Anderson and Shepard watching from orbit and bleeding out. But executives had a fit at the thought of definatively ending a profitable property.