Jun
13
2012

Wall Street teaches causality to Barack Obama.

It would seem that President Obama seems to have a bit of a problem with the concept of “cause and effect.” This is hardly surprising – the man is essentially a glorified political science major* – but it is, upon reflection, a bit awkward.  Seeing as the man will still be president for about seven months, and thus technically responsible for the country in that time period, it’s probably best if the rest of us provide Barack Obama with some practical examples of the concept.

So, let us do so.

Funny how that works, huh?  The President ran as a moderate, rules as a clueless radical, has let partisans scream class warfare rhetoric for years, and lectured a bunch of people about how to do their jobs… and now Obama’s probably wondering why Wall Street is abandoning him in favor of a candidate who actually understands the dialect of English that Wall Street actually speaks.  Which probably makes no sense to Obama: after all, didn’t he warn them about the pitchforks.

:sigh: Political science majors. To paraphrase Tom Clancy: those guys think that they can change the world if they just wish hard enough.

Moe Lane (crosspost)

*It takes real skill to find an academic field of study that English majors (Hi!) can legitimately look down upon, but poly sci and sociology somehow manage it.

**I know, I know: this is blatantly obvious to anybody who gets the elementary principle that regulations act as brake on economic activity.  But Barack Obama doesn’t believe it’s true, which is what matters in this context.

13 Comments

  • Rob Crawford says:

    It’s worse than that — they believe regulations create jobs, since companies *have* to hire people to make sure they’re complying with regulations!

  • BCochran1981 says:

    Come on now, not ALL of us PoliSci majors are complete and total brain dead idiots.

    • Moe_Lane says:

      BCochran1981: I note that you’re not defending the sociology majors. Besides, as I recall the poly sci people scorned the English majors right back, so it’s all good.

      Still, sorry about the tar splatter, there.

  • Rob Crawford says:

    True, BCochran1981 — it’s the 90% of the polisci majors that give the other 10% a bad name.

  • Weyoun42 says:

    Hey, I’m have a political science degree! From Hillsdale College no less! And I… uh, totally use… well crap.

  • BCochran1981 says:

    Moe: I didn’t really know any Sociology majors. Didn’t really know any PoliSci majors either. I played sports at a very small college, so my circle was a little different than you’d expect. I stuck out in those classes. And OF COURSE we mocked the English students. Who the hell else were we going to mock? The art majors were too stoned to realize we were making fun of them.

    Rob: More like 95/5.

  • Ric Locke says:

    I will quibble here about the verb.

    The correct sentence would be, “Wall Street demonstrates causality to Barack Obama.” Using the word “teach” assumes facts not in evidence.

  • Mikey NTH says:

    Ric – correct; using the word “teach” assumes something was “learned”.

  • Rob Crawford says:

    “The art majors were too stoned to realize we were making fun of them.”
    .
    This is *SO* true.

  • Spegen says:

    That why I have a degree in molecular biology, real jobs.

  • lourae says:

    Hmm . . . I won’t get into what us Theatre majors were up to, but it wasn’t getting high . . .

  • qixlqatl says:

    Cos-play, lourae? ;)

RSS feed for comments on this post.


Site by Neil Stevens | Theme by TheBuckmaker.com