Sep
2012

OK. I’m drawing a blank on the latest Darths & Droids.

I can’t figure out what show they’re referencing.

…Yes, I know that the main conceit is “Star Wars as gamed out by people who don’t know what Star Wars is.”  I’m referring to the interim campaign that the cast was talking about.

Written by in: Uncategorized | Tags:

• Tom says:

Well, “A war epic. Fencing, fighting, revenge, escapes, true love, miracles!” is from The Princess Bride.

Maybe that’s what the second part was, as well? I can understand the “needing healing” (i.e., from being “mostly dead”) but the speed reference is eluding me…

• Doug Stewart says:

Dunno, maybe some Firefly and M*A*S*H?

• Oh, good, it’s not just me. I have no clue. The D&D forum is guessing Airplane! or Catch-22.

See, I was thinking “Three Musketeers”.

They move pretty fast, there’s plenty of fighting, fencing, and frolic (erm, “true love”) … and it’s been sufficiently long since I ever looked at it that I don’t recall, other than there were four of ’em, what their careers actually *were*… so just ignore this.

• MikeCG says:

I’m drawing a blank too. It’s not Princess Bride; they’ve already referenced a Princess Bride campaign they all played (back between Episodes I and II, IIRC). Star Trek, perhaps? Multiple pilots, multiple medical staff, and Sulu fences. Doesn’t feel right, but I guess we’ll have to wait to find out. 😛

• Ryan B says:

This is a reach, but what about Battlestar Galactica (the boardgame)?

• Neil Stevens says:

I figured Annie and Sally are Miracle Max and his wife.

The pilots are Inigo and Fezzik.

• Mija 'acat' Cat says:

Hmmm. Star Trek : Voyager? The hologram eventually decided he wanted to be something else, and taught 7 of 9 as a nurse?

• Neil Stevens says:

Was Chakotay a pilot? I know Paris was one of Wesley’s friends who did the ILLEGAL STARBURST.