So, via Jammie Wearing Fools comes this refreshing article where members of the Media whine about how awful this Presidential campaign is, and how they hate everything about it. So why is it refreshing? Well, aside from Jeff Emanuel’s take on the subject, you should also look at sample articles written by the people who were quoted and/or referenced in it:
- Mark Leibovich. “On NPR, N.Y. Times Reporter Leibovich Touts Obama Achievements as They Assess Robert Gibbs.”
- Walter Shapiro. “Why Mitt Romney’s Presidential Prospects May Not Be Salvageable.”
- Maggie Haberman. “Records: Iowa man in Romney video did jail time for assault of a peace officer.”
- Chuck Todd. “Eight Times! Chuck Todd Repeatedly Writes Off Rosen Remarks As ‘Manufactured Controversy’.”
- Alex Burns. “How much do voters know?“
- Michael Scherer. “His Re-election in Trouble, Obama Goes Big and Gets Serious.”
- Dan Balz.”One year later assessing Obama: Testing the promise of pragmatism.”
- Peggy Noonan. …Gets a pass.
- Gloria Borger. “Gloria Borger: Tea Party Stopped Obama From Being “Transformational”.”
- John Harris.”The filter: How the media will measure Mitt Romney.”
I imagine that they’re having a horrible time, at that. It’s never fun to see your side lose an election.
Trust me on this.
Moe Lane (crosspost)