Oct
2012

We’re number… 153!

Out of… 150.  Well, at least Doug Ross was nice enough to give MoeLane.com a participation prize*.

Seriously, it’s nice to be on the list of the top 160 conservative sites, even if it’s supposed to be the top 150.  Terrifying for the Republic, but personally fulfilling from my point of view.

*RedState is at a much more respectable #41 ranking. Whew.

• Catseye says:

Congratulations Moe!

• Jeff Weimer says:

You’d be well in the top 150 if he took out most of the top 8 (The Daily Beast, really?) and the Military Times sites. All of those don’t belong, with the possible exception of Drudge.

• NotSoBlueStater says:

I have ADD, and I don’t read Red State anymore, so you’re welcome…

• lourae says:

#153 with a bullet! (Eliminationist rhetoric)

• Darin H says:

NSBS – Yes, RedState is tough to read right now. I really don’t like the new format (although it’s absolutely wonderful compared to the SB Nation sites redesign)

• Jbird says:

Jeff: excellent point. How exactly did the Daily Beast make that list?

• Spegen says:

I stopped reading RS as much because of the re-design. Also like the comment section here better. You have great and witty readers Moe

• Spegen says:

• NotSoBlueStater says:

As a right-leaning moderate, RedState got a little too partisan for me (as was their goal. just not MY cup of tea). I need my conservatism with a lighter touch. Thus I come here (and InstaPundit).

While I admire Director Blue’s work, this is .. kind of sad.
    It’s *entirely* based on eyeballs. There’s *no* way to determine whether those eyeballs are just, say, reading Ace of Spades for the football threads, or Red State for Becker’s dead white cat jokes, or Hot Air for .. Director Blue.
    This goes to Jeff and Jbird’s point above .. and the definition of being a conservative web site. Is it really good enough to be a newsletter like Human Events?

• mbecker908 says:

Well deserved Moe, you should be higher. You may not be Iowa Hawk, but there aren’t many sharper wits around.

• Doc Holliday says:

Well, if they filter the thing to eponymous, conservative blogs, you are up there I think.

Bloomberg is a conservative site? I guess they are “conserving” soda in a way.

• earlgrey says:

Congrats and yes, I too have been coming here more since RS redesign. I do enjoy the lighter touch here and I have ether to see a “fight” on this site.

• Finrod says:

I find myself reading RedState less these days because in the wake of the redesign, it’s harder to keep up on the diaries, which has always been where a lot of the excitement (and I expect probably most of the bannings) was. The DISQUS star system doesn’t show who by default, whereas I would look at an article on the old site and be pretty certain whether I wanted to read the article or not based on who had recommended it, especially once the moderators and frontpagers got different colors. Plus, it’s quite a bit more difficult to browse a list of the most recent diaries by scrolling in a little box instead of having a column going down the main page, and not having the Recommended Diaries there easily visible doesn’t help any.
    (/rant)
    Congrats, Moe!

• bensdad00 says:

You and Ace are the only two on the list I frequent (red state has fallen off since the redesign) so….you’re number 2! (in my book)

• Wombat-socho says:

I’m linking you as often as I can remember to, Moe. Hope it helps.