Because there are, oh, so many ways. Going down the list:
- It is stupid to vandalize cars (keyed, seats slashed, messages scratched in hoods).
- It is even stupider to vandalize cars in order to send a political message.
- It is blindingly stupid to vandalize cars and sign your work with the name of your favored candidate.
- It is transcendentally stupid to do all of this on somebody that you don’t even know.
- That’s because you might target somebody who is actually voting for Obama.
- That person may just be living with his Romney-supporting in-laws*.
- And that person may have to live with his in-laws because THE ECONOMY SUCKS and he can’t find a job.
- Getting back to the first idiot: I don’t know that the guy also stole a GPS unit from another car nearby, but judging from the previous events in this Carnival Of Stupidity it’s a reasonable bet to make.
- And finally: the fool did not wear gloves.
On behalf of the Republican party and the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy, I would like to NOT say ‘thank you’ to whoever did this. That would imply that we approve of people acting like half-savage man-children, which we most certainly do not.
*Who are now probably pointing out to the Obama voter all of this.
Cue John Travolta rant from Pulp Fiction. “I’d pay a thousand bucks just to catch the guy doing it.” losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/10/27/van…
— Jonah Goldberg (@JonahNRO) October 28, 2012