Nov
14
2012

QotD, If You’re A SMART Democrat Then You’re Wincing Right Now edition.

President Obama, demonstrating a remarkably bad grasp of irony…

I don’t presume that because I won an election, that everybody suddenly agrees with me on any — everything. I’m more than familiar with all the literature about presidential overreach in second terms. We are very cautious about that.

…given that he is, after all, our first Hipster President.  Or perhaps it’s just an equally remarkably bad memory of current events.  You see, back in 2009 everybody in the Democratic party was aware that there was a terrible, terrible risk of the Democrats losing the House.  They were aware! They knew that it could happen!  It wouldn’t take them by surprise!  Annnnnnnd then 2010 rolled around, and just like clockwork the House flipped to the Republican party.  Because it turns out that merely carefully watching a sixteen ton weight descend towards your head doesn’t do a blessed thing about not getting hit by it.

So. Obama’s aware of overreach!  He knows that it’s possible!  He’s prepared! …Annnnnnnd then he announced that he’s going to seek $1.6T in tax hikes, which is an offer that will be dead on arrival and possibly even trigger a credit downgrade when the negotiations proceed to burn down, fall over, and sink into the swamp*.  And the most amazing part will be the look on Obama’s face if/when that happens…

Moe Lane

*Classical reference.

Written by in: Politics | Tags:
|

3 Comments

  • acat says:

    http://www.kumascorner.com/
    .
    Kuma’s Corner has this sign… “Hipsters use back door”.
    .
    Seems to be about the right attitude, if you ask me.
    .
    Mew

  • Skip says:

    I dunno, the 1.6 trillion dollars is pretty much no lose for Obama, I’m sure he thinks. Either Boehner and company fold like wet cardboard (80% chance) and he gets all his spending, or he gets to blame the Republicans for the downgrade (other 20%) with his willing accomplices in the media. It’s a win-win…

  • Brian Swisher says:

    Another data point for the progressives-are-dead-to-irony meme: A few days before the election, I saw a truck touting an Obama-Biden sticker in its back window – right above a sticker enjoining us to “Save Medicare”. I leave the solution as an exercise…oh, hell, you know the rest…

RSS feed for comments on this post.


Site by Neil Stevens | Theme by TheBuckmaker.com