All hail the Soulless Corporate Behemoth! #starwars #disney

The rumor is that they’re tapping the Guy Who Wrote The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi and the Guy Who Wrote Sherlock Holmes and X-Men: First Class to do the scripts for the upcoming Star Wars movies.  Apparently The Mouse likes to makes a metric [expletive deleted]-ton of money off of geeks: who knew?

Thanks, guys.  Mind you, we still need to reform that absurdly punitive copyright scheme that the Mouse has inflicted on the country.

• zamoose says:

RABID STAR WARS FANBOYS: “We love you!”
    DISNEY: “We know.”

You say this as almost this is a bad thing.

• Crawford says:

Every year they dedicate one of their theme parks to a Star Wars fan convention, complete with the stormtrooper cosplayers marching in parades, celebrity guests, and special collectibles.

Yeah, they get the fanboy market.

• DemosthenesVW says:

Kasdan is good news, that’s for sure. And so is Simon Kinberg — I loved the first Sherlock Holmes. But the pessimist in me refuses to be worried yet. Michael Arndt (writer of “Little Miss Sunshine” and “Toy Story 3”) still has a chance to pooch-screw Episode VII before Kasdan and Kinberg can put fingers to keyboards. And he might do it, too. We’ll just have to see.

• Freddie Sykes says:

Maybe the Mouse will release the original theatrical version of Star Wars (IV) to Blu-ray.

• Spegen says:

Never happen, save your VHS or Laserdisk copy.

• DemosthenesVW says:

I don’t know, Spegen. It might happen. I recall George Lucas once saying that the original versions of the original films would never be available on DVD. I waited around, thinking that eventually, he would see enough dollar signs to break that promise. And he did. Granted, he released them on the back side of a double-sided DVD that also included the remastered versions on the front side. Still. He released them, is my point. And I bet Disney will see enough dollar signs in a Blu-ray release to make it happen as well.

Site by Neil Stevens | Theme by