Just to make it clear:
- I am assuming that the current farm bill is a huge pile of pigsh*t. Only less useful as fertilizer.
- I have not researched it to determine how the current farm bill is a huge pile of pigsh*t, largely because every other farm bill in my lifetime has been a huge pile of pigsh*t and after a while in this business you learn to spot trends.
- I am also assuming that none of you need to be told that the current farm bill is a huge pile of pigsh*t.
- Do any of you have the bribe money necessary to make a viable counter-offer that would set this huge pile of pigsh*t on fire? No? Don’t feel bad; neither do I.
- I’ll be less mildly cynical about the situation as soon as I hear a viable plan for setting this huge pile of pigsh*t on fire that does not include the implicit step And then a miracle happens. Which I privately anticipate will be a factor in every solution that gets proposed.
Sorry, folks. The agricultural industry has, as it has been put, “awesome iconography.” And don’t they just know it, too.