I mean, how could it?
- Anthony Weiner is running for NYC Mayor.
- Anthony Weiner has an excellent chance of getting the Democratic nomination for NYC Mayor.
- Anthony Weiner thus has a very good chance of becoming the next NYC Mayor.
- Eliot Spitzer heard this and said Hey, maybe I can get in on this action.
- Eliot Spitzer is thus running for office in NYC.
- Eliot Spitzer is running for NYC Comptroller, which I believe keeps an eye out for oh, say, money laundering done to hide a government official’s payments to hookers. Just to pick a scenario at random.
- Eliot Spitzer might still win.
But that’s not the truly funny part. Here’s the truly funny part: meet Eliot Spitzer’s Libertarian opponent.
Eliot Spitzer, the disgraced former New York governor running for New York City comptroller, is going to have a hard time getting past the prostitution scandal that brought him down five years ago.
In a twist of irony, Kristin Davis, the “Manhattan Madam” who admits she supplied Spitzer with escorts, is running as the libertarian candidate for the office Spitzer announced Sunday night he’s running for.
Oh, that’s just beautiful.
Moe Lane (crosspost)
PS: This isn’t a joke. Kristin Davis entered that race months ago.
PPS: Anybody in NYC who is tired of the Democratic party’s apparent willingness to accept the existence of bad, yet arrogant joke candidates like Anthony Weiner and Eliot Spitzer are, of course, welcome to vote Republican. Come on. Just this once. Nobody will ever, ever know…