Sep
2013

Retire, @SenJohnMcCain.

If John McCain doesn’t like long Senate meetings trying to give McCain’s fellow-Senators the information that they’ll need to decide whether we’re going to bomb somebody, well, that’s easily fixed.

McCain playing poker on his iPhone
As the hearing continues, our ace photographer Melina Mara reports she spotted Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) “passing the time by playing poker on his iPhone during the hearing.”

They indeed have video proof at the link – as well as McCain’s tone-deaf ‘apology.’ God save me from Senators with entitlement issues*.

PS: I am being nice.  Honest, and for true.  If I wasn’t a partisan hack…

*Actually, I know a couple who don’t.

Some folks are only here to be examples of what not to do.
    Sen. McCain appears to dominate that category.
    World-class idiot.

• Finrod says:

“That man is playing Galaga! He thought we wouldn’t notice, but we did.”

• midwestconservative says:

Come now Moe, are you telling me you’d rather listen to John Kerry and Chuck Hagel bloviate, rather than playing poker on your smart phone?

• Luke says:

I have no respect for John McCain, yet somehow, I keep overestimating him.
    What a worthless sack of…

• Brian Swisher says:

Dude needed to retire around, say November 10, 2008…

• Skip says:

I dunno Moe, I think I have to disagree on this one. Not on McCain retiring, but I think your description of this as “long Senate meetings trying to give McCain’s fellow-Senators the information that they’ll need to decide whether we’re going to bomb somebody” is incorrect. These are designed to give the President cover for his upcoming actions, and nothing more.

Umm, you may be right about the intent of the meeting, Skip, but .. McCain is there, they’re there .. why isn’t he “speaking truth to power”?
      After all, bombing is something he knows a *lot* about…

• Pastor Bear says:

I don’t doubt that those meetings get boring. I have sat in many boring meetings. But I have never been so impolite as to play video poker during them.

• Jack_Savage says:

NOW we know why Obama was late to his presser. It’s all the rage in D.C.

Perhaps someone at Pfizer could find some money to get John McCain doing commercials ala Bob Dole?
    “I’m John McCain, and Aricept helped me overcome my senility”….