Specifically: age, and medical history.
- Vice President Joe Biden. Will be 74 in 2017. Medical history: aneurysm, pulmonary embolism.
- Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Will be 69 in 2017. Medical history: blood clot in brain.
- Former Vermont Governor Howard Dean. Will be 68 in 2017. Medical history: appears to be in decent health.
- New York Governor Andrew Cuomo. Will be 59 in 2017. Medical history: appears to be in decent health.
- Maryland Governor Martin O’Malley. Will be 54 in 2017. Medical history: appears to be in decent health.
…Yeah, I put Dean on the list because he’s been putting himself out there for speculation this week. Even if he doesn’t run, well, that’s not exactly a list that screams We are the party of youth! The only ‘young’ guy on that list – Gorbachev to Biden and Clinton’s Brezhnev, if you will – is O’Malley, and O’Malley has all the charm and style of a National Endowment of the Arts internal audit report for the 2007 fiscal year. Everybody else? Old white guy*. Except for the old white woman. And half of whom have medical problems involving the brain.
Good luck with that!
*Cuomo is on the cusp, sure.