They’re getting quite the collection.
Some things to remember:
- Starting January 1st, 2014, people WILL be required to get health care. Or pay a fine.
- Starting January 1st, 2014, employers will NOT be required to offer people health care. Barack Obama gave them one year extensions, not individuals.
- A common theme of these letters seems to be that the plans are getting cancelled as of December 31, 2013.
- The new Obamacare health care exchanges are supposed to go up October 1, 2013.
- This means that the window of opportunity for these people to get a new health care plan in time to avoid gaps in coverage will be between October 1, 2013, and December 31, 2013.
- So all Barack Obama and the Democrats have to do is make sure that the exchanges are up and running on October 1, 2013, correct?
- Yeah. About that.
Less than two weeks before the launch of insurance marketplaces created by the federal health overhaul, the government’s software can’t reliably determine how much people need to pay for coverage, according to insurance executives and people familiar with the program.
Government officials and insurers were scrambling to iron out the pricing quirks quickly, according to the people, to avoid alienating the initial wave of consumers.
That piece of news is from the far off, ancient days of last Thursday. And I’m not sure that the Left really understands that a lot of people are right now getting notices that their policies are getting canceled at the end of the year. Talking blithely about ‘expected’ glitches in the rollout at the same time that people are scrambling to get new health care coverage is… well, thank God it’s not my side that has to do that.
Moe Lane (crosspost)
PS: Tell me again how fighting like blazes to stop this train wreck is going to hurt my party.