Nov
2013

…I wonder when @RepJohnYarmuth is going to retire, then.

Because it was kind of dumb for him to say this.

John Yarmuth is in a D+3 district… in Kentucky, no less. He also was acting a lot differently about this issue in 2009:

U.S. Rep. John Yarmuth says he’s willing to stake his political career on voting for a health care overhaul that he thinks would help most Americans.

[snip]

Yarmuth stayed calm in the face of boos and catcalls from some in the audience. He warned that the current health-care system is an unsustainable drain on businesses and the nation’s economy.

Somehow I get the feeling that John Yarmuth is no longer willing to stake his political career on Obamacare.

Via:

Lies and the lying liars that tells ’em.
    Until the electorate wise up, we’re boned.

• midwestconservative says:

Who’s running against him in 2014?

• Randomized says:

Good question, the GOP seems very weak on the ground in my neck of the woods. I hardly ever saw his challenger from two years ago, and I didn’t see any advertising.

• lineholder says:

Excuse me, but do you live in KY? Can I ask you a question? Are the people of KY in favor of Obamacare? Nothing against you personally, but there seem to be a lot of elected reps from KY who like to suck up to Obamacare.

• Randomized says:

Around Louisville… I don’t have a scientific poll or anything but my sense of things is yes. The traditional blue model of doing things is still very strong here. Also, there areb’t a lot of alternatives to the MSM so the media tends to be a bit of an echo chamber. Hell, they had a special section in the Sunday paper after (iirc) the website went live singing its praises.

• Herp McDerp says:

Homer Simpson: “Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen.”

Please tell me that this was caught on some kind of recording device!