Nov
2013

Waiting for the OGRE (and not happy with @FedEx)…

It’s supposed to come today; and I have to say, I’m not happy with FedEx’s customer service on this. I don’t like being blithely told that something that belongs to me cannot be delivered the way that I want it to be delivered (I’m not a business; I want them to deliver the product without a signature if necessary so that I can pick up my kids from school and/or go food shopping and/or do any other household chores that involve leaving the house). And I really don’t like their refusal to give me any sort of time estimate for a delivery – or even a head’s up as to the likely delivery window.

They haven’t screwed up this order yet, but I am not confident that FedEx is going to avoid doing so, today.  And it won’t be the first time, either.

• UtahMan says:

I expect an unboxing video.

• UtahMan says:

I apologize; please let me rephrase that.

I want to see a video of you opening this up. I still remember the Mass Effect one.

I’ve been thinking about it, but the problem is that I’ve already done one satire of the phenomenon and I don’t want to be derivative. Also, the damn thing weighs almost thirty pounds: I can’t really manhandle it as well.

• UtahMan says:

Hmmm, good point. Plus the ripping open could scatter a lot of parts about.

“Give it to me!” still makes me laugh, though.

So .. would “Hey FedEx, don’t bring it to me, let me come to you (since I’m going to be out picking up the (kids|milk|tequila) anyway…” be better?
    (especially since “Hey FedEx, since you won’t tell me when I have to be home to sign for Ogre, would you mind picking up (kids|milk|tequila) too?” isn’t likely to work …)

If they were going to pay me for my time and travel to fulfill their contract? Sure.

Heh. Fair point.
        The reliability/usability of FedEx vs. UPS vs. USPS seems to vary quite a bit by region…
        Some days I think the best improvement Amazon could make would be letting the customer pick the shipper.

• Luke says:

Mine is supposed to come tomorrow.
    In theory.
    The most recent update to the tracking information was Friday morning.
    I know it left Ft. Worth, but after that…