Jan
2014

@edmorrissey is looking for fellow Keurig addicts.

He succumbed last month.  I wouldn’t go so far as to say that I’m an addict, precisely: but it is useful to have a one-cup system where my wife and I don’t have to decide which kind of coffee we want to brew.  It also makes regulating our caffeine intake easier, although that’s more of an issue for my wife than for me.

On the other hand, I liked making iced coffee out of the dregs of the coffeepot.  Not a deal breaker, but there you go.

Me and my aunt would like one, but my grandmother’s old fashion and likes to brew a whole pot. She also thinks we have to keep buying the cups dispite the fact I keep pointing out that we don’t. I only drink one cup a coffee a day anyway, so it doesn’t matter to me.

NOT a fan.
    Of course, I dislike “flavored coffee”, and most K-cup coffee isn’t particularly great… not nearly as good as fresh-ground artisan roast. Life is too effin’ short to drink bad coffee.

• midwestconservative says:

My Mom got one for Christmas. And I’m currently enjoying a Chai Latte made from it

• midwestconservative says:

I’m not an avid coffee drinker. Before I usually drank a cup a month. NOW I’ve drank at least one cup a day.

• Spegen says:

They had k-cups of the Starbucks Christmas blend, it was quite good. Usually I buy the boldest blends I can because everything else tastes weak in the machine when you make a big cup.

The Miele device above will, if you press the button twice, brew two cups of small, medium, or large into your cup. I prefer two medium in my large cup.

• Crawford says:

Don’t get the focus on flavored coffees; you don’t NEED to buy flavored ones, and can get lots of regular brands in K-Cups. Or buy the reusable, refillable cups and put your own in there.

How is that making things *easier*?
      Grind a pawful of beans, just to run them through a K-machine? A french press is just as easy at that point! (and tastes better)

• Christine says:

Flavored coffees are generally the draw because it allows for flexibility…”my wife and I don’t have to decide which kind of coffee we want to brew”.

Regular K-Cups to me are either incredibly weak or incredibly bitter.

Using my own coffee is the preference, which is why I have the HB.

• nighttwister says: