Oct
2014

I’m starting to think that I need to go see John Wick.

The Atlantic liked it.

Sonny Bunch liked it.

I figure if Howard Tayler thinks it’s OK maybe I’ll see it in the theater.  There’s always the matinee.

• JAB says:

Movie Bob liked it. As long as his politics don’t get involved, his tastes seem to coincide pretty well with mine:

• Catseyes says:

Quote heard third hand, “What is the Boogeyman?” “No John Wick is the guy you call when you want to kill the Boogeyman.”

Howard’s review of the current Dracula flick has me rethinking my decision to pass on it .. but it would be a matinee or “$2 Thursday” or something.

• Jeff Weimer says:

John Nolte liked it, too.

So did Harry Knowles.

• xander-drax says:

I saw it yesteday. LOVED it. its a fairly strait forward action flick with interesting side characters and well done action scenes.

• RangerSG says:

I liked it. Well written unashamed action flick with a great cast who do a lot with little writing to develop their characters.

Is it one that’s going to stay with me forever? I won’t say that. But it was good value for 100 kinetic minutes.

• Erin Palette says:

I don’t care how good it is, I categorically refuse to watch any movie that has a murder of a puppy in it, and for exactly the same reason that I won’t watch any movie that depicts a brutal rape in it.
    I don’t judge you if you watch it and enjoy it, but I can’t watch this. I just can’t.

• midwestconservative says:

If I remember correctly John Wick is a retired hitman who gets back in the game after people shoot his dog and steel his car ( which is itself an unusual yet realistic setup, as opposed to the far more melodramatic usual fair)
    That is making me consider watching it, but Keanu Reeves being the star makes me think I should wait to get it from redbox.