Dec
2014

So MoveOn wants to draft Elizabeth Warren for the Democratic nomination.

Or so says Mary Katherine over at Hot Air. Two thoughts, here.

1. I don’t really see what the victory condition is here for running an underperforming first-term progressive Senator from Massachusetts.
  2. I don’t really see what the victory condition is here for running an underperforming first-term progressive Senator from Massachusetts.

Yes, I know.  To quote Kryten from Red Dwarf: “I realize that, technically speaking, that’s only one [thought]; but I thought it was such a big one, it was worth mentioning twice.”

PS: OK, a second thought: I really don’t ‘get’ drafting a candidate.  If you have to nag him or her into running, what makes you think that s/he will be interested enough to you know, win?

• Finrod says:

Heh. Twitchy noted the other day that Mark Ruffalo is #ReadyForWarren.
    My comment? “Puny leftist.”

• Catseyes says:

It’s MoveOn.org do the understand the need for victory conditions?

• nighttwister says:

…what makes you think that s/he will be interested enough to you know, win?

“Ouch, that stings.” – Fred Thompson

• Darin_H says:

Please? Please! I’d sign onto it, but I don’t want the MoveOn idiots to have my email (yeah, mailinator, whatever)

Dr. Ben Carson has somehow been drafted. Explain that to me.
    Don’t get me wrong, I like Dr. Carson a lot. However I like to see him as HHS Secretary under a Republican President with a mandate to dismatle ObamaCare.

• Cameron says:

I’ve taken to referring to his devoted followers as “Carsonites.” I’m sure he’s a nice enough person, but I really don’t want him as President.

• Dave R says:

If you have never been VP, a Senator, a Governor, or one of the senior generals of the US Army during a major war, please do not waste anyone’s time by running for President. Thanks.

• Cameron says:

Agreed. I have a lot of respect for the man and the training he went through (Neurology is one of the longest programs in the medical field) but that doesn’t translate into running a country.
          And his anti-Second Amendment stance makes him a No Go. We already have enough of those in government.

Agreed, although I suggest that you do not go quite far enough.
          If you are a haz-bin or celebrity-wannabe and are looking to sell a bunchaton of books (or just pocket the big advance) please quit distracting the rubes, you’re NOT HELPING.

• Finrod says:

Ben Carson would make a better President than Jeb Bush or Mitt Romney. Granted, that’s a low standard.

Yes, Finrod, but .. that’s not really the point here.
        The list of people who would make a better President than Jeb or Mitt is long and varied – it includes, in no particular order, Moe Lane, Marco (still dead to me) Rubio, Tom Kratman, Mike Lee, Sarah Hoyt, Carly Fiorino, Dr. Carson, Rand Paul, and many, many more.
        The *point* is whether Dr. Carson would make a better *candidate*. We cannot count on the Dems making a monumentally .. no, that is not big enough .. a McCainally bad choice, eh?

• Dave_A says:

Never interupt your enemy when they are making a mistake…

Er, about to shoot themselves in the foot…

With a 120mm cannister round…

Come on… Run Liz, Run…

• 1_rick says:

” If you have to nag him or her into running, what makes you think that s/he will be interested enough to you know, win?”

What are you talking about? It worked for Fred Thomson. …oh, wait.

• bobby b says:

“I don’t really see what the victory condition is here for running an underperforming first-term progressive senator . . . ”

A). Neither did I. Twice.

B). They no longer need performance, or success, or effectiveness. They simply need to share the same Pure Thought. BO spouted that Pure Thought. EW actually does share it.

I’m convinced she WILL be the nominee.

• bobby b says:

Sorry, forgot my second point:

You don’t actually draft the candidate.

You draft the donor dollars.