Nov
2015

So my home county has no elections today…

…and the town in which I live is scattering throughout three counties, but only officially part of one.  The one that I don’t live in.  So it’s entirely possible that I actually have no elected officials set over me.  Which means that I could very well declare myself to be a baron, swear fealty to the Howard County Executive, and thus end up getting the Low and Middle Justice over my neighborhood.

Not that I’d take that job.

• Jeffstag says:

You might get some sort of throne made from………Mack Truck parts?

• nicklevi86 says:

All Hail Lord Lane of …er, Place! May his rule be long and benevolent, because we could totally do worse.

• Jeffstag says:

“Your zoning variance is (sound of d20 being rolled)…GRANTED!”

“Your permit for replacing existing black-shingle-roof with new black-shingle-roof has been denied, this month we are only approving green roofs .. no, the *color* green, no plants or solar gizmos.”

• Brian Swisher says:

Lane of Lane Manor has a nice ring to it.

• Mikey NTH says:

Remember:

Pillage first, then burn.

I cannot emphasize that enough.

• JAB says:

“Break a deal, face the Wheel. Break a deal, face the Wheel.”

• phineasfahrquar says:

“Baron Lane.” Has a nice ring to it. 🙂

• Aruges says:

King Nerdy MacHobbitfeet (to steal from Brian Clevinger..)

• MichaelN21209 says:

You are my friend, and I tell you this three times: You are not suited to hold public office. Note that I do not say *fit*… but public office would not suit your talents or your disposition. Serve as Loyal Opposition, yes, no matter who is in charge.

I would strongly consider voting for your wonderful wife if she were to run, but I think that even less likely than seeing you throw your hat into the ring. She’d probably have more armed followers than you would, though.

• Luke says:

Well, the news story is from a couple counties over, but I figure you’d appreciate it. http://news.yahoo.com/rancher-dies-shootout-deputies-planning-kill-bull-221311243.html
    Bulls are expensive, and it quite clearly was not suffering any debilitating injuries.
    The rancher could have almost certainly gotten the bull away from the scene with a minimum of fuss.
    I can certainly see him objecting to the deputies wanting to shoot it.
    I also know that the police tend to have a “you WILL respect my authoritah” mindset once they’ve “taken control” of a situation.
    I also know that cattlemen tend to be very stubborn, more than a bit hot-headed, and very protective of their stock.

• nighttwister says:

Not much here. The two teacher union candidates won (no surprise) and both initiatives passed (no surprise either). I was 0-4 for the night. Sometimes that’s how it goes.