Mar
2016

Marco Rubio made a GREAT point about Cuba.

If Marco Rubio wins Florida after all, answers like this are going to be why.

Via John Podheretz, who is gloomier than I think he needs to be. Rubio made a really strong, really Florida-centric argument last night; and while I don’t see a path for him winning the nomination right now I do see one for him denying Donald Trump Florida’s delegates, which will be sufficient.

PS: There was more, but this is all that I really wanted to share.

The question I’ve got is .. can Rubio’s supporters be counted on to be not-Hillary/Sanders supporters?

If by that you mean “Would I vote for Ted Cruz?” Of course.
      If by that you mean “Would I vote for John Kasich?” Yes.
      If by that you mean “Would I vote for Donald Trump?” Never.

Last I checked, you’re not a Florida voter.
        My concern is the effects of the Rubio-Cruz feud on the general election *if* one assumes, as I join you in doing, that Trump has a ceiling.
        p.s. My other concern is another “plurality victory” for Trump .. because Rubio-Cruz feud.

I think that we all exaggerate how much regular primary voters – the ones who aren’t really online – get worked up about this stuff. Especially when the alternative is a guy with anywhere from a 60-70% disapproval rating. 🙂

Yes, I’ve baked that in.
            What I’m wondering about is how hard (or ..easy?) it is to turn off primary voters.
            More directly, what did (or didn’t?) Romney do to lose Florida?

• dntpnc says:

I really appreciate the difference between the two:
    Trump says he will “make a good deal.”
    Rubio lists out A, B, C, D, and E that would be part of his deal.
    Since I don’t trust Trump any farther than I can throw him, I don’t want to wait and find out what he stands for and what’s in his deal after he’s been (God forbid) elected.