Jun
2017

‘The Warrior.’

The goal of the project is to make this meaningful. I mean, I can’t ignore it.  This is truly what we think of when we say “Eighties music video.”

The Warrior, Scandal/Patty Smyth

• Aruges says:

I’d also nominate, “Rio”, “Hungry Like the Wolf”, “Land Down Under”, “Thriller”, “Take On Me”, “Love is a Battlefield”… well, I could just go on for hours, really.

‘Centerfold’ comes to mind as well .. that’d be the envelope-push point, though, so maybe not suitable for a family site like MoeLane.com…
      Groups and performers who put in the production value, who used the video medium *as a video medium* rather than just filming “concert videos” (XTC’s ‘Senses Working Overtime’ comes to mind..) did better.
      Heh. Kylie Minogue’s “Locomotion” video is probably the worst example that comes to mind .. I was hoping I’d forgotten that one permanently, alas.

• jeboyle says:

Oh, and thanks a bunch for bringing THAT song back into my waking mind.

I’ve found that just tracking down the “Little Eva” version knocks the Kylie version right out.
          It could be worse .. I could’ve mentioned Debbie Gibson.
          Oops.

• jeboyle says:

Wait, you’re serious about this, aren’t you?

Have you thought this through? Does your wife have any way of bringing you back if you go too far?

There are things man was not meant to tamper with.

• bensdad00 says:

Take On Me, Thriller, and David Lee Roth’s Just a Gigalo and California Girls….

• Belcatar says:

The Cars – “You Might Think” is pretty indicative of the period as well. I would also nominate “Thriller” and “Like a Virgin”.

• Compound says:

No “Total Eclipse of the Heart” yet? “Every Breath You Take?” “Dancing with Myself?” “Sledgehammer?” “Material World?” Ian Hunter’s “All of the Good Ones Are Taken?” Dire Straits’ “Skateaway” or “Romeo and Juliet” or “Money for Nothing?” Come on chat, get in there and spam Moe’s brain with video ear worms!

• Luke says:

No one has mentioned Blondie?
    Or Survivor?
    Do we really want to invoke Air Supply?