Oct
2017

Need to spice up some boneless pork chops.

Since we’re all apparently in a cooking conversation sort of mood, anyway.  I was going to just do a little bit of an organized salt/pepper/fresh rosemary kind of rub, but I am open to suggestions. We’re going to be eating a lot of pork chops this week — buy one, get two free — so variety would be a good idea on general principles.

• dan.irving says:

Made this a couple of times:

Alright, alright, alright.

• nicklevi86 says:

Don’t need to do much to pork anyway. Mom always just braised ’em plain* and served with apple sauce. I’d throw on some Worchestershire for kicks and it was good.
    *Bless her, she’s never tried seasoning a day in her life. Hence the Worcestershire.

• Canthros says:

Sauerkraut, 1-2 apples, ~1-1.5 cups hard cider, ~1tsp black peppercorns, maybe an onion. Core and dice the apple and onion (if you’re using one), mix up with peppercorns and kraut. Season the chops with salt and pepper, give them a good sear, cover with kraut mixture and stew in the slow cooker for 4-8 hours. Serve with mashed potatoes, maybe some rye bread.
    Skip the apple and swap a lager for the cider and it works well for kielbasa, too.

• AndaO says:

Smear w/ whole grain mustard. grill or pan fry in an iron skillet.

do you want my german potato salad recipe? it involves LOTS of bacon?

• Luke says:

I’m a Philistine. Let’s aknowledge that right up front when I say that raspberry wine is one of God’s great gifts for cooking chicken and pork.
    Marinate the meat in some raspberry wine with a healthy pinch of non-iodized salt for about ten minutes.
    While that’s happening, start browning some butter in a skillet.
    Saute the meat with a bit of thyme and lemon pepper.
    Serve with white rice (or something else, if you prefer).
    One word of warning, the wine will stain the meat pink. Some people don’t react well to that.

• AndaO says:

good warning. It would be a problem for me. But then I also have problems w/ blue corn chip crusted chicken….

• JAB says:

Sprinkle both sides with lemon pepper, pan fry. Quick and easy.

Open a can of crushed pineapple into a gallon ziploc bag.
    Toss in a healthy teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper.
    Swish it around a little.
    Add chops. Re-swish.
    Seal and icebox for a day or two, flippin’ and swishin’ as you pass thru.
    Pour everything into a baking dish, bake at 325 until done.
    For bonus points serve with King’s Hawaiian rolls.

• Skip says:

One of my personal favorites is easy, just season with salt and pepper, or whatever sounds good, sear both sides in butter or olive oil, place in baking dish with a package of fresh button shrooms, pour 2 small or one bigger can of cream of mushroom soup over it, and bake for 45 minutes or so @350F. I usually cover it for the first bit, then have the cover off for the last 5-10 minutes.