Jun
2018

Tweet of the Day, This Wonder Woman Footage Reminds Us That We Live In The Future edition.

This is video shot of the upcoming Wonder Woman movie.

Two things about that:

1. I agree with this observation about Gal Gadot: damn, she fast as Hell. At this point, I cannot imagine anybody else doing this role.
  2. What’s that with her? Oh, that’s just a flying camera. No biggie, we have those now. Because it’s the future, hey?

…Just let that sink in for a moment.

• Jeff Weimer says:

I find it amazing that the production company went ahead and paid the (normally outrageous) cumshaw the DC Council usually demands for filming movies in the District.

• nicklevi86 says:

Sony Bono(R-FL ‘1998) got the Copyright Extention Act passed mainly for Disney’s protection of Mickey & co. from public domain lapse.

If anyone can bend DC for film rights, it’s The Mouse.

• Compound says:

…um, Wonder Woman is a DC product. They’re Warner.

• nicklevi86 says:

Darnit. In my defense, Wonder Woman as a superhero movie didn’t actually suck. You can understand my confusion.
          My point about the general power of media companies stands.

She must be on wires. Nothing against Gal Gadot, but no real person can run that fast.

If she is, I can’t tell from the video. Which is admittedly from a handheld shot some distance away.

• 1_rick says:

I bet the camera’s on wires, too. I guess it could be a giant quadcopter, but then you’d probably see the fans.

• Luke says:

Looks more like virtualized greenscreen.
      Alternately, just messing with film speed. But the strides look too abnormally long for that to be my first guess.
      You can pull off all sorts of short range effects with wirework, but the longer you make the cable, the more unsteady it becomes as oscillation comes into play.
      Imagine trying to waterski with a 500′ rope. Now lose the skis so resistance isn’t smooth, but jars suddenly from side to side in a rhythmic fashion.
      At a decent rate of speed, it’s hard to stay up when holding on to a solid tailgate. (Sure, look at me funny. No one else did stupid things when they were young?) On a rope? Not a chance. Road rash city.

“Sure, look at me funny. No one else did stupid things when they were young?”

On the advice of my attorney I must politely decline to answer that question.