Jul
2019

Tweet of the Day, Only To Our Enemies edition.

I, personally, have nary a quiver in my heart when I look upon the Evoked Sentinel while it broods over the city that shares with it a name and a mortal avatar. For it is not there to menace me. Quite the contrary.

• Aetius451AD says:

Pardon my language Moe, but what an asshole.
    George Washington is the reason we still have a Fourth to celebrate. Without him, there is no us.

Oh, come on, out of context it’s a giant black pillar wreathed in flame with TWO GIANT RED EYES. 🙂

…Which he might have added, in which case: yah, asshole, but it didn’t work as well as he thought it did.

• Luke says:

It would be a lot easier to take the comment in an innocent light if parts of the population weren’t actively attempting to erase Robert E. Lee and Thomas Jefferson from our collective memory.
        Because we know Washington is the ultimate target. He was the father of our country, the indispensable man who kept the colonial army together, turned down the offer of a crown, and walked away from power after establishing the traditions s
        limiting the role of the executive in the new constitutional order.
        There were giants in the Earth in those days.
        Washington stands as a towering rebuke to all those who embrace Will to Power, and he must be torn down so the stunted and venal may feel themselves mighty.

• Aetius451AD says:

Well said.

Fair enough. But it ain’t gonna work for them the way that they think that it will. 🙂

• Aetius451AD says:

My remarks from another site:

‘You know, I kind of hope they try something at the Washington Monument or Mt Rushmore.’

“Thousands of protesters were crushed by falling debris in what some are calling an Act of God…”