Apr
2020

The FROZEN DREAMS Kickstarter is live!

And… here… we… go:

FROZEN DREAMS.

• nicklevi86 says:

*throws money at screen*
    Oh right. That’s what credit cards are for.

• Jeff Weimer says:

I’m in! I’m looking forward to finding out the improvements from Beta.

• Jeff Weimer says:

[Wanders back to the Kickstarter]
    Ooh, you might meet your goal before dinnertime!

That bemuses me. People DO understand that it’s cheaper to get a print copy from Amazon, right? I thought I had been making it pretty clear. πŸ™‚

• Phil Smith says:

Told you that you could have asked for more. My son’s girlfriend also went in at the $20 level. You see, it’s a KICKSTARTER. We’re not in it to get a bargain. We’re in it to make sure it funds. Which, here we are, not even time for your first Dr Pepper and it’s well beyond funded.

Yeah, but this Kickstarter has training wheels on it and everything. I was doing a lot of informed guessing on how stuff would work; I’ll know more for next time. πŸ™‚

• nicklevi86 says:

You may have training wheels, but someone also slipped playing cards between the spokes so you at least sound like you have some horsepower.

• Rockphed says:

How funded does it have to get before you consider buying a pallet of books from a printer?

A good, long WHILE. Once we get to the land of ‘stretch goals that actually cost money to fulfill,’ first off I’m going to give the artist some more money (I’m morally certain Shaenon gave me a ‘long-time reader and art buyer’ discount) and then I’m gonna see about getting a map of the town done. If this gets above two grand somehow, I have a cousin who does professional audiobook narration and she could use the cash.

… and that, Moe, is a reason why I’m happy to have (belatedly) backed your little project .. it trickles down, y’see.
        I opted for the digital-only tier, because we’re looking at downsizing on an .. accelerated plan .. which means space for physical books will be *tight*.
        I’ve been scouting “little library” locations and plan to distribute many of the ones I don’t plan to keep around town .. soon.