Stayed up last night and wrote the epilogue. The first draft is DONE and it was a wild ride. Had to shrink the scope of the book twice until it got to something that could reasonably fit, but it all worked out in the end. I’m going to take a couple of days off from it, then start revising it into a viable first draft.
I may put up some snippets, once I’m in a better position to do so.
No snippet: I gotta clear this table so that the roast beef can go on it. Happy Thanksgiving, folks! (My turkey day is tomorrow.)
Technically, that’s the NaNoWriMo target number: 50K. But we’re going for 60K, and I think it’s doable. Or at least real close. Snippet here.
Battle scene. It went rather well, actually, so I decided to keep going with it. The battle may even become this month’s story for Patrons. Snippet here.
Pretty much 77% done at this point. …Yeah, about that. I think that this book is going to end up being more than 60K words, although I will actually finish it and have the ending be a little rushed rather than do 60K and just stop. I think that doing it that way will actually make it easier to finish later. Snippet here.
We keep on keeping on. Almost 75% done! Although I may need more wordcount than 60K, at that. Snippet here.
:gritting teeth: Back. On. Track. Snippet here.
No snippet tonight: I made the mistake of having a couple of ciders with dinner, and I’m suddenly very tired. A lot of those 1500 words may end up being crap, you see. We’ll figure it all out tomorrow.
PS: Nah, I’m just tired. I need to sleep more.
At this point I am 63% done, on target for numbers, and I’m starting to recognize that I need to go back and put more themes of smallness and restriction into the text*. It’s turning out to be important. Snippet here.
Turns out being sick as a dog isn’t necessarily bad for the old word-count. Go figure*! Snippet here.
*Regretfully, it wasn’t pneumonia, strep throat, or anything else that I could throw antibiotics at. Just Zantec-D and time.