The Federalist today took one of the more tin-eared Twitter-Commies to task on just this point today, and it makes for compelling reading.
When the Berlin Wall came down and the Iron Curtain was finally lifted to expose the inner workings of communism to Western eyes, one of the more shocking discoveries was the nightmarish scale of environmental destruction. The statistics for East Germany alone tell a horrific tale: at the time of its reunification with West Germany an estimated 42 percent of moving water and 24 percent of still waters were so polluted that they could not be used to process drinking water, almost half of the country’s lakes were considered dead or dying and unable to sustain fish or other forms of life, and only one-third of industrial sewage along with half of domestic sewage received treatment.
Continue reading Few things are as obnoxious as a Commie pretending to be Green.
You want to be really careful when you watch this. YOU REALLY, REALLY WANT TO BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU WATCH THIS.
- Don’t watch more than five seconds of this at any given time. You WILL lose SAN if you ignore this rule.
- Yes, there is a man in a suit who randomly pops in to provide (presumably) exposition in Russian. You are not imagining things.
- Yes, those are orcs, and they are doing a ballet while singing. You are not imagining things.
- Yes, that spider is in fact molesting that dwarf. If you want to take comfort in insanity at this point I can’t stop you, nor much want to.
- I don’t know what’s freakier about the scene where Thorin meets the people of Esgaroth; the interpretive dance from the latter, the way that they shrunk the film of the actors playing the dwarves* down to one-third size and superimposed it on the film of the regular-sized actors, or the way that the director actually did care enough to try to get the color of the dwarves’ cloaks and hoods right.
- And, lastly…
- That’s the most goram chipper Smaug I’ve ever goram seen. I keep expecting him to make a deal with the dwarves; 15% of the cut in exchange for guard duty privileges and a new armor upgrade.
PS: Oh. Right. Music video. Sorry, folks, after that I got nothing. Besides, you’ve all figured out by now that it’s mostly an excuse to tos up those Amazon.com links, anyway.