It’s a tough list to beat:
- Bruce Braley (Iowa Senate)
- Anthony Brown (Maryland governor)
- Martha Coakley (Massachusetts governor)
- Wendy Davis (Texas governor)
- Sean Eldridge (New York House)
- Ed FitzGerald (Ohio governor)
- Chris McDaniel (Mississippi Senate)
- Pat Roberts (Kansas Senate)
- Mark Udall (Colorado Senate)
- Monica Wehby (Oregon Senate)
…but I got three reasons for saying Lt. Governor Brown.
- Home field advantage. I live in Maryland.
- Anthony Brown had the single worst screwup of any person on this list. He was in charge of the Maryland Obamacare exchange. It blew up so spectacularly they had to junk the whole thing.
- Everybody else on this list? …You kind of knew by Election Day that they were going to lose (or, in Pat Roberts’ case, win*). Anthony Brown got absolutely blindsided.
*Well, I knew that Pat Roberts was going to win.