I gotta do something while the book’s out to the beta readers, after all. So far, I have it broken down into three main categories:
- There has to be a cover, obviously: and I’ve spoken with a couple of artists whose work I’d be happy to have for it. I should have the finances in place by March to get that started, at a bare minimum.
- Publishing is almost certainly going to be via Amazon. As in, ‘it would take a minor miracle to get FROZEN DREAMS optioned by a publisher.
- Editing is going to be the real expense here, I think. This alone could easily set me back at least a grand.
- The primary funding mechanism’s at the moment is the Patreon (tell your friends! No, seriously, tell them). Besides: more Patrons = more people I can sell books to. So: gotta push the Patreon.
- There’s also Kickstarter. This, I need to research further. But even five or six hundred bucks will go a long way towards recouping my editing expenses. And if it takes off somehow, I’ll just use the money to improve the book and hopefully pay for the next one, too.
- I’ll worry about this one… as soon as possible, obviously.
Anyway: that’s where my head is right now.