Oh, Memeorandum. You try. You folks really do try. But I guess that having to treat the most fever-swamp sites on the Left as if they actually had intrinsic value will take its toll*:
If you click through, it’s actually a majority of Americans support religious freedom – assuming that you believe the poll. Personally, I would be not surprised at all to hear that a WPA poll conducted for the Family Research Council might end up showing rather more support for religious freedom than expected. But nobody asked Memeorandum to just go ahead and start unskewing the polls. Particularly when they’re not showing their work. Continue reading Memeorandum maybe quietly unskewed a troublesome religious freedom poll.
There are a bunch of ways to judge how a particular narrative is going in the media, and one of them is fairly simple: go take a look at Memeorandum. For those who don’t know it, it’s a cross-spectrum political news aggregation site: useful for finding what’s being talked about, and usually good for finding the original story that kicked over any particular anthill. It’s not perfect by any means, but it’s not useless, either.
So this is what the site looked like, as of 9 AM 09/06/2012, top to bottom:
- Bill Clinton’s speech. Notably absent: any suggestion at all that this was a game-changer for the Democrats.
- The God/Jerusalem convention platform flap. Keywords: debacle, chaos, boo, nightmare.
- US Secret Service investigating blackmail attempt involving Romney’s tax returns. …Yeah, that’s going to end well for Anonymous.
- That Bob Woodword book that apparently makes Obama look like a guy with anger management issues.
- New Kindles! Sorta.
- Hillary Clinton telling the Democrats that they have nobody to run in 2016! Sorta.
- Michelle Obama’s making up nonsense about having it tough! Sorta.
- Mitt Romney wants Obama to get his minions to stop calling Republicans Nazis! …Not sorta, but it won’t happen.
- Expect Obama to indirectly use more personal attacks! …See what I mean?
- Lobbyists in Charlotte!
- Paul Ryan didn’t run a marathon in three hours, or a five minute mile, or I don’t really care and neither do you because unemployment’s 8.3%.
- …KARDISHAN IN THE CHARLOTTE-CONVENTION HOUSE!!!!!
Continue reading Looks like a Democratic Convention Narrative FAIL over on Memeorandum.
I don’t know why the odd picture choice for this Memeorandum entry amuses…
…but clearly, it does. Amuses me, at least.