Found here. Short version: …you may have noticed that I have gotten EXTREMELY hard-nosed on the subject of the primary since Saturday. Sorry about that – but if candidates want me to calm down, don’t tell me that Saddam Hussein was fighting terrorists in the Middle East when in reality he was paying off the families of successful Palestinian suicide bombers with stolen oil-for-food money. I’ve already had that fight, thanks.
Turns out that you can hang a bloodthirsty, genocidal dictator and not create a martyr and/or long term problems for yourself. Go figure.
That’s it: I was just meaning to bring that up eventually, and I figure that four years is a reasonable amount of time to wait before doing so. Also: read that link. Pre-Surge Iraq coverage by the regular media never ceases to amaze with its passive-aggressive schadenfreude.
This report of a lie-in by pro-victory in Iraq protesters at a fundraiser held for Jerry Brown by notorious terrorist sympathizer Jodie Evans highlights a very, very serious set of questions involving not only Brown’s associations, but also his own motivations. The fact that Brown is attempting to get Code Pink’s money like this leads to various questions:
- Jodie Evans once reportedly told a Gold Star Mother that her son deserved to die in Iraq. Does Jerry Brown agree with her?
- Evans was a long-time supporter of genocidal mass murderer Saddam Hussein; as recently as the summer of 2008 she was nostalgic for a regime that routinely murdered, raped, and ethnically cleansed its internal enemies. Is Jerry Brown likewise nostalgic for the days of pogroms and acts of ecocide against the Marsh Arabs?
- Evans sat on the advisory board of International Occupation Watch, a group that conspired to convince US soldiers to desert. Jerry Brown: pro- or anti-desertion? Excuse me: “conscientious objection.”
- Jodie Evans’ Code Pink planned and brought off “protests” designed to attack critically wounded, recovering soldiers and their families. What method does Jerry Brown use to keep from throwing his drink in Jodie Evans’ face? Does he need one?
- In 2009, Evans helped provide material aid to Hamas in Gaza. Are some of Jerry Brown’s best friends Jews?
- As is exhaustively noted here, Jodie Evans and Jerry Brown have had a long, long shared political history. Where does Jerry Brown differ from her? Specific examples, please: we already know that he likes her money.
Continue reading Moonbeam Brown protested at Code Pink shindig.