The list is appalling.
- Marathon canceled, but generators and supplies still sit unused in park. The idea was to get those generators to the people who needed them, Mike Bloomberg.
- FEMA Taps Private Vendors to Meet Sandy Victim’s Needs. Necessary, because Obama’s vaunted FEMA wasn’t able to maintain and deploy bottled water on its own; it’s just starting to provide that today.
- 1.9 million people in the Tri-State area are still without power. So much for stimulus ‘infrastructure’ projects.
- Looting in Queens.
- They sent in the Marines to Staten Island.
- Looting in Coney Island.
- Looting pretty much throughout NYC.
- Bizarre delays in relief efforts throughout the area.
- And, despite the fact that the area is about to be hit again this week with non-hurricane (but potentially deadly) weather, Blomberg didn’t want the National Guard in Brooklyn to help put NYC back together. Why? …Guns. They have guns.
No wonder somebody made this video.
As the President says: “Don’t boo, vote. Voting is the best revenge.”
Moe Lane (crosspost)
[UPDATE] Rudy Giuliani minces no words.
“The president getting all this credit so early, maybe the first day or two he was paying attention, but the minute he got his credit, the minute he got his pat on his back, we had the same situation as we had in Benghazi,” Giuliani said. “He loses focus. He goes back to being campaigner-in-chief rather than commander-in-chief.”