Sep
2014

Debbie Wasserman Schultz being set up as a scapegoat.

I am crying inside.

Politico:

Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz is in a behind-the-scenes struggle with the White House, congressional Democrats and Washington insiders who have lost confidence in her as both a unifying leader and reliable party spokesperson at a time when they need her most.

Buzzfeed:

One prominent D.C.-based Democratic strategist suggested Wasserman Schultz had not endeared herself to Washington during her time as DNC chair and suggested she go back home once her time as party chair is over. “Statewide office in Florida,” the operative said when asked what Wasserman Schultz should do next.

You really have to be familiar with This Town to understand just how vicious that comment is. It’s like a courtier in the Byzantine Empire suggesting that another courtier would be much better suited to be the administrative head of, say, Antioch or Ravenna. Anywhere that wasn’t within eyeshot of The City…

Via

Florida will freeze over before I allow her to be elected to statewide office, I guarantee.

• Catseyes says:

All the signs indicate that it’s going to be a very cold winter Gator.

• midwestconservative says:

The idea of her beating Rubio is ludicrous.

Not .. necessarily.
        All it’d really take is for the Dems to unify behind her, and for the GOP to fragment *badly* because of Rubio’s asinine behavior on amnesty….
        I haven’t forgiven him for it, have most Floridians?

• westcoastpatriette says:

Hi, kitty…I haven’t forgiven him either. His asinine behavior on amnesty exposed huge character flaws that would be foolish to ignore…ever.

• qixlqatl says:

As “bus-chow”, she is, at least, a sensible choice. If you need someone on whom to pin your share of the blame (and oh, my, yes BO needs that doesn’t he?), a person in the same sphere of responsibility who sucks as badly as DWS is just an easy target….
    I’m going to perdition for laughing at her misfortunes, aren’t I? I mean, I think it’s HILARIOUS that she is going to take the hit for the Obama…I mean Democrat… party.

• Darin_H says:

1. War on women, obligatory.
    2. Nooooooooooo. She’s so ineffective, she can’t go!
    3. Hahahahahahahahahahhhahahahahah
    4. Obamabus hasn’t been fed in a while.

• garfieldjl says:

I don’t think she will let herself be runover by the Obamabus without a fight (least I hope she doesn’t, cause I really want to see the Democrats calling each other either sexist or racist).

• 1_rick says:

“I am crying inside.”

Me too. I bet she doesn’t even have the presence of mind to say “you won’t have Debbie Whatsherface-Shultz to kick around any more,” whether ironically or not.

“lost confidence in her as both a unifying leader and reliable party spokesperson”

Are you kidding me? She’s done real well unifying Republicans, I’ll bet, and I think she reliably says the kind of things most Democrats won’t admit to thinking. 🙂

• 1_rick says:

Alternate last bit: “you can rely on her saying stupid stuff any time of day or night.”

If I may alternate your alternate .. “You can rely on her saying stuff stupid enough to make Obama look nearly as smart as he thinks he is…”