It goes like this.
- There is a bug in KOTOR 2 – the infamous Telos Fuel Mission bug.
- I have a step-by-step explanation of how to fix it, involving GFF and EFF editors.
- Every time I ‘fix’ it, the changes do not take.
- Eventually, I worked out that this is because the game file folder and everything in it are read-only.
- I go to change that.
- It tells me that I don’t have permission.
- I get permission.
- It doesn’t take. The folder is still read-only.
Dammit, I paid good money for this game.