Sep
2012

#rsrh QotD, Those Poor Bedbugs! edition.

Via Glenn ReynoldsYeah, it’s an easy joke.

You think incumbent politicians are hard to get rid of? Try bedbugs.

The blood-sucking insects have made a resurgence in recent years, including reports of them at nine of the hotels being used for Democrats’ nominating convention this week in Charlotte.

You get the feeling that maybe Obama for America ended up assigning the job of reporter-wrangling to whomever was in the bathroom at the critical point in the meeting? – Because this connects nicely to reports that a significant proportion of the media got assigned to crack hotels by the DNC.  And I don’t mean ‘crack’ to mean ‘elite:’  I mean, you know, crack hotels.

PS: No, they assigned media from organizations that the Obama administration should like – or at least would not want to tick off – to these hotels, too.

• Doug Stewart says:

“Jim” “Treacher” said it best:

Bloodsucking parasites invade Democratic National Convention. Also, they’ve got bedbugs.

Does nobody at the DNC or OfA (do I repeat myself?) understand the concept of “fan service” ?

The media, not the idiot delegates, are the ones who should be pampered in the nicest hotels, with the best {morally flexible companions for hire} available.

Think about it .. if a reporter is tired and cranky, the best he or she is going to do is to suck at sucking up… the worst may be to tell the truth. Most of the delegates don’t have that kind of power… you can stick most of ’em in #OWS tents for all anyone will care.

• tnfriendofcoal101368 says:

The thought of Chris Matthews at a crack hotel for some reason makes me smile. I think this bout of schedenfreude is something I should ask forgiveness for….

• Murgatroyd says:

Democrats on the West Side,
    Bedbugs uptown —
    What a mess! This town’s in tatters!

• Lourae says:

What say? Sha-dooby-doo . . .

Good earworm. = D

• Murgatroyd says:

I see what you did there.