Sep
2012

#rsrh QotD, He Acts As If Obama Speeches ARE Memorable edition.

I suppose that this is because UK Telegraph writer Raf Sanchez may be British, which would possibly (and fairly) explain why he sounded a bit surprised about this:

…there’s a nagging sense that this was a bit of a disappointment. What about the President’s speech are you going to remember tomorrow? What image will you take away or what new policy will stick with you?

Nothing and nothing and nothing: but then, we’re used to that, here in the States.  There’s a reason why at the beginning of this administration it was the Democrats who joyfully encouraged Obama to weigh into a tricky situation with a new speech, but at this point it’s the Republicans who are eager to have that happen…

PS: The reason is because Barack Obama got told one too many times that he’s the highest-level character in the adventuring party.  If you’ll pardon the minor lapse into geekery.

• JeffV says:

Well, regardlesss of level, he doesn’t seem to do well on Wisdom checks….Although, what with the basketball, he probably does well on Dexterity, but maybe not Strength..that would make him what? A Thief?

• Doug Stewart says:

“Leeeeeeeroyyyyy Ah-Presidentuh!”

• tnfriendofcoal101368 says:

The difference in Lying Billy and His Lord and Highness, King Barack, First of His Name. Is Billy knows he’s lying – don’t hate the playa, hate the game – his Lordship actually believes what he’s saying. He actually thinks everything is fine and he is the definition of greatness. That’s just sad and pathetic when you think about it.

• qixlqatl says:

@Jeff: Rogue, at any rate….

One of my favorite AD&D characters was the bard who wanted to be a paladin, except that he had a Wisdom of 5. My wife was GM for that one, and we agreed that we’d play that as “If Moe says he’s doing something, then his character does it. No takebacks.” Worked like a charm.

That was the campaign where my squire (a GM NPC, and who WAS a paladin) ended up being party leader because we all agreed that he was the most sensible one in the group. This drove my wife mad, because she decided to GM a campaign because she was tired of always ending up being the party leader.

• Spegen says:

Speaking as a life long rogue player, I refuse to allow a petty thief like Obama into the guild.

• JeffV says:

qiclqatl, I thought theif sounded better. Rogue sounds too Clinton-y. (I thought about it and decided to go with 1st Edition names, thereby making (failing?) my geek save)

• qixlqatl says:

Fair enough, Jeff. Rogues need not be likeable, though 😉

• countrydoc says:

Obama is a Kolbald wizard, whose best spells are Summon Flies and Smell Bad.

• JeffV says:

I would have bought Kobald Illusionist maybe…

• qixlqatl says:

Gotta admit that’s a good ‘un, countrydoc 😉

• Rob Crawford says:

How would you cost out “Charisma: Wears Off” in GURPS 4e?